Sunday, September 23, 2007

I have succomed

Up until this last week I had not watched a single episode of the Office. I decided it must be time, seeing as so many of my near acquaintances have incorporated this as part of their lives. Trying to catch up in time for the new season, I watched almost the entire first season and loved them all. I did have a problem getting into them though because I have seen the BBC version and I loved it so much more. I had a problem with the fact that the entire first episode was completely ripped off of the original version! How is that fair to the writers of the show? Nonetheless, I was interested to see them because, especially in my ward, the Office is more than just a show-- it is a lifestyle.

I think my favorite character is Dwight. He knows how to be so annoying and awkward looking at everything that he does. I think it makes us laugh because 1) we love the character itself-- that is just funny, but 2) I think we all have some deep connections to that show simple because we all have worked before and the scenarios are so close to home. We can watch the pranks or just the weird people and completely relate-- even if we haven't been in the exact situation.

I don't know how I would use this in class yet, but I know I would use it. Especially if kids are still so connected to it by the time I teach.

No comments: