Sunday, October 14, 2007

A haiku that fits

Peace: felt in the air
A warm hand and a smile
The sun gave us hope



To elaborate: When we were asked to think of a picture this was the only one I could think of. The context is that this was my boyfriend at one point. We had dated for many months and then he had moved to DC to work and I had to stay here to finish school. For about four months we had off and on tried to date and not date until we decided to make another visit. This picture was taken about an hour or so after I picked him up from the airport. We are at the park just next to the capital building in Salt Lake. We had stopped at a small cafe-ish place and got little sandwiches, and I had brought his favorite drink products (that he can't get on the East coast!). We had a great day- one of the most perfect I can remember. The sun was perfect: not to hot- not to cool, but a perfect light breeze on a perfect sunny day. We talked about what we wanted to do and this conversation marked the first time we had really discussed what we wanted. After we talked, we laid down on our backs on a blanket and just watched the leaves blow around above us-- it was a beautiful and hopeful day I will not soon forget.

No comments: