Monday, November 26, 2007

The Real News


Fat Kid Successfully Avoids Ridicule By Swimming With Shirt On

I guess the fact that I continue to find media that makes me wet my pants is indicitive of how my time is spent when I have it. I can't help it. How did I ever laugh before the wonderful world of the internet- honestly.

This really is a humorous little piece because it is in the perfect style of the "Today Show" or something, but it is a ludicrous, silly story. This is why the "Onion" is so successful. They know how to use the genres of news and comedy bits to make fun of situations in a very lighthearted, planned, and witty way. I think this is what we love to watch. It is humor at an intelligent level because it requires us to know more about how it is created to know why it is funny. It is also funny because the poor kid in the clip may not understand that he is completely being mocked!

No comments: